Wednesday, November 09, 2011

1695 - Grease

Greasy foods. Yum.


But what to do with the left over grease? Why you sell it to the rendering company. That is if you can hold on to it. Grease is slippery right? It can slip right out of your grasp and into the hands of .... thieves! That's right. The crazies are now stealing .... GREASE!

It seems that the price of used grease has gone up enough that it is now in the sites of grease thieves. Here's a story about how a few of them got caught. I think they're from Arkansas. (That figures doesn't it?)

 

8 comments:

Bilbo said...

It doesn't matter if the thieves are caught or not ... nobody is better prepared than they are to grease a few palms to get the charges dropped.

vw: krone - Kim Kardashian in old age.

Amanda said...

I honestly thought that the article was going to be about the stolen grease going to some other restaurant to be re-used.....thats supposedly what happens in China.

Dianne said...

hey! watch out what you say about Arkansas, the love of my life lives there

I'm going to stock up on Crisco for the cold winter

Lizbeth said...

Geez, I feel old. I remember a time when Mc Donald's was trying to figure out what to do with all the leftover grease. Now they're getting paid for it?!? WOW.

Claudia said...

Greasy palms, Kim Kardashian, restaurants in China, a lover in Arkansas, winter with Crisco and Mc Donald's quandary over leftovers...all these could be clues to Kris Jenner about the sudden divorce of her daughter. It's got to be a lover in Arkansas--a greased Razorback she met at a McDonald's where she stopped in the midst of shopping for Crisco last winter in China.

Mike said...

B - I bet you'd love to put some real grease in some politicians palm wouldn't you?

A - Yuk!

D - I'm trying to provoke a response from Jay. It hasn't worked yet.

L - The times they are a changin'.

C - You probably worked longer on that than I did on the post.

I'm With Stupid said...

What about the grease from my hair? Can I sell that?

Jay

Mike said...

J - I don't know. You may have to prove it's not hazardous waste.