Tuesday, March 20, 2012

1833 - Plates

I found this just laying around on another blog just waiting to be borrowed.

If you're driving around Pennsylvania you may see some strange personalized licence plates.


What are those Pennsylvanians doing, holding up strange license plates like that? Inviting typographic artist Jessica Hische to visit, actually!

Jessica Hische said 'Today the Society of Design in PA (my home state) invited me to speak. In doing so, they created the most touching awesome thing I’ve ever seen and I spent the last hour and a half crying at my desk just amazed that 35 people would go out of their way to make me feel so loved and appreciated. On twenty-seven actual registered license plates, which individuals in the club now use on their cars, they invited me to visit.'

Here's the full invitation:


I thinking someone could come up with some interesting messages if the plates were applied for at different times.

 

7 comments:

Bilbo said...

We Pennsylvanians are endlessly creative. And some of us have far too much time on our hands.

Amanda said...

They should have a photo of all the cars parked next to each other. Trickier to read but doable I think.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

It's unlikely that motorists would see all 27, but it's a neat idea.

Dana said...

I <3 ART!!

Mike said...

B - You'll be looking for things like this to do when you retire.

A - Or a youtube video. ... checking .... Nope, not one yet.

EPT - I'm putting you in charge of getting them all together.

D - It's everywhere!

I'm With Stupid said...

That pretty clever and imaginative for the state that produced Rick Santorum.

Jay

Mike said...

J - This is imagination squared unlike Santorum who is imagination squashed.