Tuesday, October 27, 2020

4946 - Hard work

 
Well isn't this interesting...

"Those who work in physically demanding jobs have a 55% higher risk of developing dementia than those who have more sedentary careers."

"The muscles and joints are not the only parts of the body to be worn down by physical work. The brain and heart suffer too. A new study from the University of Copenhagen shows that people doing hard physical work have a 55-percent higher risk of developing dementia than those doing sedentary work. The figures have been adjusted for lifestyle factors and lifetime, among other things."

So what do you think of that? It looks like all of us that tried to avoid as much hard work as possible were smarter!

You can read the whole article HERE.

+ dementia 





Better think about it while you can still remember things.




Talent directs hard work.




It looks like dementia can!


11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh on the dementia category. Mind you, I have often heard that people who use their minds are at less risk, and have seen that disproved time and time again.

Kirk said...

Uh, I forgot what I was going to say.

Mike said...

EC - I understand, because I've never worked that hard.

K - Are you a hard worker?

Kirk said...

I have that reputation, yes, but it's not something I'm particularly moralistic about (in fact, much of the time the lefty in me suspects I'm contributing to my own exploitation.) It's just that I'm afraid if I slack off, I'm REALLY going to slack off, so I put my nose to the grindstone or however that expression goes. Now you tell me I have dementia to look forward to. Sigh.

Bilbo said...

Der Furor must work like a horse.

John A Hill said...

Another day that I'm thankful that I didn't have to work hard for a living.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine today, Mike!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Figures. It's dark and gloomy here and you tell me this happy shit. Thanks Mikey!

Mike said...

K - Maybe it's reversible. Retire now!

B - I think there must be another explanation for that pile of random thoughts.

JH - Amen!

DSWS - I do what I can to brighten your day.

MPP - Hey, at least Rick was an office guy for most of his career. And what's this hard work bs doing to him now? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Mr. Shife said...

Another good reason to tell my kiddos to go to college. Not that they have much choice in the matter.

Mike said...

MS - Exactly!