Friday, March 26, 2021

5098 - True or not


So I saw this meme. It's a funny one.


I was going to post it along with some other memes but I got to wondering if this was real.

Well, not so much. The Truth or Fiction fact-checking site checked into it and couldn't find any truth to it. The church didn't return their calls. But a search of the church's website didn't even hint at any teams that would need shirts.

Here's the link...


And on that link, everything seems to point back to one website that started all the misinformation.

This seems to be the first place it showed up.


I just found the meme recently but it's been circulating since last April. Internet memes never die.


10 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Some memes should die. And be buried quickly.

Mike said...

Sue - It seems that nothing on the internet dies.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahaha, good one!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

but it's funny

Mike said...

Deb - Yes it is.

Peggy - It is!

Blogoratti said...

Everything on the internet is forever, shudder*.
Made me chuckle, thanks for sharing!

Kathy G said...

Our grandchildren will probably be finding the same memes 30 years from now.

Mike said...

Blogoratti - I know. That's why when you want something off, it costs big bucks to hire a company to track it all down.

Kathy - I don't doubt it. But it will be new to them. Just like my Saturday jokes. I always hope readers haven't seen too many of them.

LJ said...

Mike, i think its a genuine picture where-by the geezers in the image had the good common sense to realise that calling their parish 'CLIT' would emphasize to everyone that they were all rampagingly heterosexual and murderously fag-phobic, there-by ensuring that everyone who attended the church wouldn`t make the mistake of assuming that they were woofters simply because they were involved with religion, quite ingenious really ! ! !.

Mike said...

LJ - I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.