Sunday, May 29, 2022

5530 - Long joke Sunday


It happened at a New York Airport. This is hilarious. I wish I had the guts of this girl. An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and funny while making her point when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo. This one is for you for all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer.

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travelers.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first, and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please?", she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14".

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "Fuck You!"

Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."


14 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Brilliant.
Comebacks like that I think of (if at all) MUCH too late.

Cloudia said...

Keeping cool is winning

Mike said...

Sue - Usually in the shower. One of the best thinking spots ever.

Cloudia - Absolutely.

River said...

I love it! She deserves a gold medal :)

Bilbo said...

Putdown of the year!

Mike said...

River - How about a platinum medal?

Ol' Simmons said...

The world is too full of people who are too full of themselves. Good for her.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

LOL!

jenny_o said...

It's almost as satisfying to watch a nasty person get their comeuppance as it would be to be the one dishing it out. Unfortunately I've only ever had the former happen because I can't think when I'm upset, only afterward :)

Mike said...

Bill - Yes!

Simmons - Another vote for a medal for her?

Deb - Is this too good to be true?

Jenny - "only afterward" In the shower.

Kathy G said...

I get most of my best ideas in the shower :-)

Mike said...

Kathy - But do you remember them when you get out and get dressed?

allenwoodhaven said...

LOVE it! She deserves a raise.

Mike said...

Allen - For sure!