Sunday, October 02, 2022

5656 - Long joke Sunday


An elderly woman in a wheelchair is grocery shopping. 

She's in the ice cream section, looking sad.

A large Viking, who is shopping at the same store, sees the woman. 

"What's wrong?!" He asks her, his voice booming.

"Well," the woman replies, "I have a sweet tooth, and I want to see what flavors are on the top shelf, but I'm in this chair." 

With barely any effort, the Viking picks her up, puts her on his back, so she can shop the top shelf. 

She mentions she'd like some candy as well, so he carries her over to the candy. 

After the candy, they head to the pies at the bakery, then a final stop in the cookie aisle.

He returns her to her wheelchair and begins to walk away.

"Kind sir," the woman shouts as loud as her feeble voice can, "thank you! I never caught your name!"

The Viking just waves and walks away.

The woman checks out, then meets her husband who was waiting outside. 

He says, "Where have you been? I've been waiting forever!"

She says, "Well I've been through the desserts on a Norse with no name!"




16 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love it. Thank you.

River said...

That's a good one!

Mike said...

Sue - Love is good.

Mike said...

River - I agree!

Bilbo said...

I never saw that one coming ... great joke, added to my collection!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That is worthy of a mighty GROAN that will echo all the way to Valhalla.

Shaw Kenawe said...

GROAN!!!

Mike said...

Bill - WHAT?! (falls out of chair)

Deb - I think I heard it. A groan with a Canadian accent.

Shaw - I heard yours too. I knew it was you because it had a Boston accent.

Kathy G said...

Punny!

Kirk said...

That's one interesting supermarket.

Kirk said...

By the way, I knew the song but had forgotten who sung it. Thanks for reminding me with the link.

Mike said...

Kathy - Did you know this one?

Kirk - I looked up "a horse with no name" and the Google knew what I was looking for.

allenwoodhaven said...

Truly awfully great!! Was just playing that album this weekend.

Not to worry about us if Saturday jokes takes a break. We'll survive but just won't laugh as much!

Mike said...

Allen - Not a break but maybe not as many jokes. We'll see.

Lady M said...

That was cute - groan worthy and cute.

Mike said...

Lady - I heard that groan all the way here.