Sunday, May 26, 2024

6230 - Long joke Sunday


I had a tree I wanted removed because it was too close to the house. 

I called a tree guy. He came out and did a nice job cutting down the tree. 

He asked me what I thought. 

I said, "It's nice, but what about the stump?" 

He informed me that he was just a tree guy who cut down trees and if I wanted the stump removed, I would need to call a stump guy. 

I found a highly recommended stump guy. 

He came and got the stump out. 

He says, "There you go." I asked him about the hole. 

He says, "I'm a stump guy and just remove stumps. I don't fill in the holes." 

He told me I would need to call a landscaper.

I get ahold of a landscaper and I tell him, "I'm fixing to leave town on a trip. I don't care what you do, just fix the hole and make it look nice."

I got back today and found out he planted a friggin tree.



16 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

That sounds too likely to be funny - unless it happened to someone else...

Cloudia said...

Lol!

River said...

oh Ha Ha, I didn't see that punch line coming :)

Mike said...

Sue - Truth is funnier than fiction.

Cloudia - Yes!

River - Neither did I.

Bilbo said...

Stump guys really earn their dough.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahahaha! "The circle of life."

Cop Car said...

"He" needs my tree guys. They remove large limbs from big, old trees. They remove trees of whatever size. They grind stumps. They fill holes. They are wonderful.

Kathy G said...

Funny, but that's what the guy gets for not getting a detailed landscaping plan.

Ole phat Stu said...

Didn't know where that story was going. I was stumped ;-)

Mike said...

Bill - I don't know what stump removal costs these days. Years ago it used to cost $60 a stump. I looked into buying my own stump grinder.

Deb - Ain't that the truth!

CC - I don't know why the tree guys around here don't do stumps.

Kathy - But then I wouldn't have a joke today! 😁

Stu - It could have branched out in several different directions.

Kirk said...

He followed orders all right.

Mike said...

Kirk - Exactly.

Susan Kane said...

Great joke, I hope it is a joke. At first I wondered if you were the tree owner.

Mike said...

Susan - Definitely a joke.

Lady M said...

A lesson in learning to communicate effectively.

Mike said...

Lady - Or, never tell a contractor to do whatever they want to do.