Friday, March 16, 2012

1829 - The Twins Who Share a Body

Is this one of those things that everybody but me knows about? Abigail and Brittany Hensel - conjoined twins. Two people from the belly button up. One person from the belly button down. OK so I sort of stole this from Natures' Mighty Pictures but just this one, not all of them.

Here's a 45 minute video of their life up to about 16 years old. They are 22 years old now according to wikipedia.

Click the title to watch this on Youtube.


There are more short videos HERE.

 

10 comments:

John A Hill said...

Fascinating!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Amazing! But sad.

Amanda said...

This is the first time I've heard of them. That would be a hard life ...

Anonymous said...

I've watched these two since they were little. They are truly two different individuals. I'm never quite sure what to think.....

Lizbeth said...

PS---that anonymous was me...the baby hit my arm when I was posting and I clicked the wrong thing.

Dana said...

I knew about them - saw them on a documentary a few years ago. Their parents have tried to minimize the OMG! factor for them and have kept things as quiet and well done as possible!

Mike said...

J - Yes it is.

EPT - They seem to be handling it well.

A - An unusual life for sure.

L - I knew somebody would know about them.

D - They were on Oprah as far back as 1996. I'm surprised some news organization didn't start a 'watch'.

I'm With Stupid said...

Well, since everyone is being nice I guess I won't ask the question I was going to.

Jay

Mike said...

J - I know I know!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have so many questions that are not answered in this video. I think some may be like Jay.